Find your health team


A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be invited to speak to the Great Yarmouth and Waveney National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society Group.  It was a really enjoyable evening and the time seemed to fly by… for me, at least! We discussed lots of ways that Osteopathy, natural diet changes and therapy tools can help manage the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis. However, what I went away really thinking about was how much I emphasised that they, the patient, are totally in charge of their health.

This is quite a common theme when I get chatting with people and I really can’t say it enough! You are in charge of your body and your health. No one knows your body as well as you do. My anatomical knowledge is excellent, but only you can describe how you’re feeling, so it’s really important to find your own team of health professionals. It’s only by combining our knowledge and experience with your own knowledge of your body can we truly help you improve your health.


This is true for everyone, but particularly those of us with long-term health conditions. I live with a couple of health conditions that can cause joint pains, but I manage them really well with the help of my GP, rheumatologist and Osteopath. Over time I have learnt who to see and when, depending on the symptoms I’m experiencing and together we have found a way to manage things well. It’s really important to feel empowered with your health and well supported by those around you.

It can be really uplifting to realise how much power you have with your own health. As much as Dr Google can be quite scary, never before have we had so much information at our fingertips. Obviously it’s important to ensure you’re accessing good quality, reliable information and to check with a qualified health professional before making any changes, but it’s so easy to be proactive with our health.


So say it with me, “I am in charge of my health!” and go find your team to help you feel your best. To find your local registered Osteopath to help with bone, muscle and joint problems, visit the GOsC website.

For more information about how I can help you with Osteopathic treatment and natural diet and lifestyle changes, please don’t hesitate to get in contact:


Call me on 07543 557746
“Like” my facebook page ‘Zoë Clark Osteopathy’
Follow me on Twitter @ZoeClarkOsteo
Follow on Instagram @zoetheosteo


Zoë Clark is a registered osteopath trained at the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in London. Practicing in Howe near Norwich (01508 558373) and Burston, near Diss (07543 557746) in Norfolk.

Comments

Popular Posts